Windward Side First isn’t just a campaign slogan but a goal of helping windward side residence develop the plans and political ability to tackle local problems.
Local solutions are often the best and fastest way to deal with issues.
As well, local communities and individual citizens often step up in ways not foreseen and given encouragement and access to resources by a nimble and responsive government, things that have festered for years can be resolved.
The time for endless run around and passing the buck for “someone” to do something is over.
My goal, if elected, is to listen to and assist windward residence to have a say in what the future of the windward side will look like.
- Make incorporated municipalities possible.
- Allow prefabricated modular housing as the only affordable way to quickly end homelessness on the windward side.
- Research tropical agricultural practices in other countries with the intent of copying their successful methods.
- Set aside regional park-lands and make long term design plans (Maunawili Valley, Kawainui Marsh, Upper Haiku Valley) based on access and preservation
- Seek out private contributions for a Kaneohe Bay Park and a place for restrooms along Lanikai Beach.
- Place planning over regulation as a means of designing a preferred rural and urban environment for Windward Oahu. Create long term design plans based on Windward input and support.