Prosperity is created by broad economic development that promotes safe neighborhoods, a clean and well maintained natural and man made environment and a pro-business attitude that unleashes the entrepreneurial drive in our people and the jobs and income that supports.
Prosperity that grows and supports a middle class lifestyle leads to the greatest human happiness and the most individual freedom.
The windward side is blessed with a diverse and dynamic natural environment and a hard working and akamai citizenry.
Ideas such as a stronger agricultural base in Waimanalo or an emphasis on Kaneohe’s culture and business environment more centered around the bay are “what if” possibilities meant to develop and encourage a dialog among windward residence to help facilitate their right to have a more active role in crafting their own future.
- Make incorporated municipalities possible.
- Allow prefabricated modular housing as the only affordable way to quickly end homelessness on the windward side.
- Research tropical agricultural practices in other countries with the intent of copying their successful methods.
- Set aside regional park-lands and make long term design plans (Maunawili Valley, Kawainui Marsh, Upper Haiku Valley) based on access and preservation
- Seek out private contributions for a Kaneohe Bay Park and a place for restrooms along Lanikai Beach.
- Place planning over regulation as a means of designing a preferred rural and urban environment for Windward Oahu. Create long term design plans based on Windward input and support.